Friday, May 16, 2008

Friday Flashback

As I mentioned last week, the Grog 'n Blog has a spotlight on R&R Hall of Fame bands for the rest of May.

I'm proud to share a video from my favorite band of all time, commonly referred to as "The only band that matters." Well, 30 years ago maybe. There are so many awesome songs by this band, and it took me a lot of time to finally select my favorite video. Alas, the embedding feature for that one is disabled, so I offer up this one instead:



The Clash, live in Manchester, England circa 1977. Joe Strummer: Rhythm Guitar and Vocals, Mick Jones: Lead Guitar, Paul Simonon: Bass, Topper Headon: Drums.

It's clear why they are still considered one of the most influential rock bands ever. They could do it all, but I prefer their early, edgy formative years.

Here's the original video I wanted to embed. This one will knock you out of your seat:

The Clash - White Riot

EDIT: Damned Youtube Nazis.

Here's the link (albeit poorer quality) of the vid that was yanked:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fefri74Ha4g

Damnit do yourself a favor and watch it!

The Clash, R&R HoF Inductee 2003.
Joe Strummer 1952-2002, R.I.P.

~Sham, Quixotic Referee

No comments: